Monday, September 5, 2011

Rex Grossman sent to conquer the Giants


The Washington Redskins are giving the nod to veteran QB Rex Grossman for the start opening day.  Now the only question is, can Rex conquer the Giants?

Monday, Coach Mike Shannahan said that Grossman has won the starting job over John Beck.  The two have competed throughout the preseason and training camp for the starting role.  This is the first time Grossman has started the opening game since 2007, the season after he took the Chicago Bears to the Super Bowl.  Or should I say, the year after the Chicago Bears took HIM to the Super Bowl.

Grossman simply performed better in the preseason completing 64 percent of his passes, threw 2 TD's and had a QB rating of 92.3.

I'm still not buying into Grossman.  Wait until midseason rolls around, we'll see the same old Rex, I guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment